Brussels, Belgium
Munich, Germany
Pula, Croatia
Abu Dhabi, UAE
INNOVATION & TRANSFORMATION

How will you win in the `20s?

Upgrade, transform or innovate?

Depending on your goals, the means to get there will vary substantially, as will the returns.

> To upgrade, you need to accelerate your existing business.

> To transform is an incremental change involving at least one component of your business model.

> To innovate is a radical change, requiring entirely new ways of thinking & doing.

What do you want to achieve?

What do you want to achieve?

Depending on your goal, you will have substantially different expectations, objectives & returns.

Upgrade the business
  • 0 to 12 month
  • Objective: optimize existing business
  • Return: modest (single digit % improvement)
Transform the business
  • 12 to 36 month
  • Objective: pursue new opportunities
  • Return: moderate (double digit % improvement)
Innovate the business
  • 36 to 72 month
  • Objective: break new ground
  • Return: high (triple digit % improvement)

What do you want to achieve?

Depending on your goal, you will have substantially different expectations, objectives & returns.

Upgrade the business

> 0 to 12 month

> Objective: optimize existing business

> Return: modest (single digit % improvement)

Transform the business

> 12 to 36 month

> Objective: pursue new opportunities

> Return: moderate (double digit % improvement)

Innovate the business

> 36 to 72 month

> Objective: break new ground

> Return: high (triple digit % improvement)

What Got You Here Won’t Get You There

If it did, you’d already be a Digital Leader.

If you want to change your future, you’ll need to change your approach. In short, you need to differentiate between upgrade, transform and innovate.

You’ll need to be smarter, more competitive, more innovative.

And you may need to disrupt yourself, before somebody else does.

How will you win in the ’20s?

How do you meet your objective?

To change your business, you must change your approach. Each horizon requires its own ways of thinking & doing.

Upgrade the business
  • Location: Within the existing business
  • Approach: Process management
  • Methodology: Six Sigma, Kaizen
  • Success measures: Margins, productivity
Transform the business
  • Location: Initially separate to test, then implement viable changes internally
  • Approach: Testing central hypotheses; development of market prototype
  • Methodology: Design Thinking, MVP, StageGate
  • Success measures: Milestones, test metrics
Innovate & build a new business
  • Approach: Agile; Minimum Viable Product (MVP); managing uncertainty; prioritizing risk, pivoting
  • Methodology: Customer Development, MVP, Design Thinking
  • Location: Separated from existing business
  • Success measures: Learning and growth metrics

How do you meet
your objective?

To change your business, you must change your approach. Each horizon requires its own ways of thinking & doing.

Upgrade the business

> Location: Within the existing business

> Approach: Process management

> Methodology: Six Sigma, Kaizen

> Success measures: Margins, productivity

Transform the business

> Location: Initially separate to test, then implement viable changes internally

> Approach: Testing central hypotheses; development of market prototype

> Methodology: Design Thinking, MVP, StageGate

> Success measures: Milestones, test metrics

Innovate & build a new business

> Approach: Agile; Minimum Viable Product (MVP); managing uncertainty; prioritizing risk, pivoting

> Methodology: Customer Development, MVP, Design Thinking

> Location: Separated from existing business

> Success measures: Learning and growth metrics

How We Work

Strategic thinking, hands-on doing.

Product development, customer experience, agility, testing & pivoting, effective integration & execution.

Digital innovation & implementation – all in one, end2end & with the entrepreneurial spirit required.

Our Experience; Our Success

Examples of key projects we have led on all three horizons

Upgrade the business
  • Managed the digital strategy & entire redesign for a top 10 global bank
  • Led the digital channels relaunch for a leading global telco
  • Led the intranet relaunch for a fortune 500 company
Transform the business
  • Led the Go-to-Market for a complex B2B SaaS software
  • Developed the product architecture & concept for a B2B2C SaaS software & brought it to market
  • Led the corporate design, branding & communication for the entire European product line of a global top 10 Internet brand across Europe
Innovate the business
  • Created & went live with the first digital pharmacy in the world to also sell prescription medication online
  • Developed an entirely new proposition & app to sell mortgage credits, receiving stellar ratings from customers
  • Invested in & growth-hacked a startup in the B2B events space that is now valued in the high 8-figure range

Our Experience; Our Success

Examples of key projects we have led on all three horizons

Upgrade the business

> Managed the digital strategy & entire redesign for a top 10 global bank

> Led the digital channels relaunch for a leading global telco

> Led the intranet relaunch for a fortune 500 company

Transform the business

> Led the Go-to-Market for a complex B2B SaaS software

> Developed the product architecture & concept for a B2B2C SaaS software & brought it to market

> Led the corporate design, branding & communication for the entire European product line of a global top 10 Internet brand across Europe

Innovate the business

> Created & went live with the first digital pharmacy in the world to also sell prescription medication online

> Developed an entirely new proposition & app to sell mortgage credits, receiving stellar ratings from customers

> Invested in & growth-hacked a startup in the B2B events space that is now valued in the high 8-figure range

It is going to be worthwhile.

©2021 DigitalLeadership gmbh